Music from YouTube:
- ‘High, Wide and Handsome’ – Loudon Wainwright III https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrrjTBz-i1g
- Röyksopp – Never Ever ft. Susanne Sundfør https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDBzeM6KLlQ
Yoga and jogged two laps. Scrolled through Twitter, scrolled through Facebook.
News from The New York Times:
- US imposes steel and aluminum tariffs on Canada, Mexico and the EU. Canada, Mexico and the EU begin to place tariffs on American exports.
- The EPA has a proposal to remove stricter car emissions standards under review by the White House Office of Management and Budget. California will likely attempt to maintain the stricter standards as they have the right to set their own from the 1970 Clean Air Act.
- Political uncertainty in Spain as the Parliament garners enough votes to oust current Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy. Mr. Rajoy’s party was recently convicted of corruption.
- A bill to revamp the decades-old Higher Education Act is having trouble finding a path to law. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos introduces her own changes to Higher Education in the interim.
- President Trump pardoned Dinesh D’Souza on Thursday for illegally donating $20,000.00 to a political candidate in 2014. Mr. D’Souza holds very conservative views and is a major detractor of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.
Esperanto drills on DuoLingo.
Spent the afternoon and evening digging into how the Primecoin reference client establishes network connections and communicates over them. Small amount of progress made in porting it to C#.